Drinking water upon waking is one of the most vital things you can do for your day! After sleeping, there are toxins that have built up in your digestive track that need to get flushed out before anything else goes into your body. If you immediately eat your breakfast or drink coffee, the toxins will sit and stagnate in your body and will take much longer to be flushed out of your system. Your body is also dehydrated after the typical 6-8 hours of sleep and needs fluids.
The water should be room temperature or warm. Adding lemon to it really boosts the power of the water by alkalizing your system. When you first wake up in the morning, your ph is naturally acidic, so this is a great way to ease your body into alkalization for the day.
Top Health Benefits of drinking lemon water in the AM
1) Boosts your immune system … There is a lot of Vitamin C in lemons
2) Balances your pH
3) Helps with weight loss by boosting your metabolism
4) Aids in digestion by stimulating the gastrointestinal tract
5) Clear skin by purging toxins from your system
6) Hydrates the lymph system. When your body is dehydrated, many negative implications can occur: headaches, constipation, toxic buildup and poor organ function.
I once had a doctor tell me that 85% of all ailments stem from dehydration. If you’re feeling low energy, sick, anxious or have a bad headache, try drinking two 8oz glasses of water and see how you feel.
The human body is made up of 70% of water! Start drinking!!